What can you eat for breakfast this summer, and still be on track to lose weight?
A Few Do's and Don'ts
1. Eat when hungry! You don't need to eat first thing in the morning if you aren't hungry yet. You may want to plan for something you can take with you in the morning.
2. If you don't wake up and exercise, a light breakfast comes in handy. Fresh fruit is excellent. Pick up an apple and an orange on your way to work. It's quick, easy, and healthy!
3. Eat low-sugar fruit for weight loss. Apples, pears, berries, melon, peaches, plums, nectarines, oranges, and grapefruits. Many of these are even in season this time of year! Stay away from sweet tropical fruit that is high in sugar: mango, pineapple, papaya, and dates. Also avoid dried fruit which is not only high in sugar, but often has additional sugar added to it!
4. If you need something more, have a handful of walnuts or almonds with your fruit breakfast. Also try unsweetened almond butter on an apple or brown rice cake for a more filling breakfast.
5. Stay away from smoothies and juices. These are high in sugar and calories. Juices won't fill you up for long, and often make people even more hungry later! Unsweetened green tea is best for weight loss. And as an added benefit - it fights cancer cells!
In excellent health,