My Top 5 Weight Loss Lunches for Busy Working Women (and Moms!)
5. Salad. Make it filling with healthy toppings including - lots of beans (chickpeas, red kidney beans, white beans, black beans), avocado, olives, canned fish in water (such as tuna, wild salmon, and sardines). The key is to keep extra virgin olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar in your desk drawer. Using your own high quality oil is KEY for a healthy salad.
4. Many women I meet with have a piece of fruit and a yogurt for a quick lunch. Often these people are also the ones in a "weight loss rut". Yogurt has lots of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) but it's not a weight loss food. Instead, try sauerkraut which is full of beneficial probiotics that our bodies quickly and readily utilize. Toss 1/2 cup sauerkraut with a can of beans (chickpeas are my favorite). Bring to work in a tupperware. Quick, easy, healthy and a perfect weight loss meal!
3. Bean soups. These are filling and low in calories. Make sure the soup you buy is Vegan and Gluten Free. As an added bonus, bean soups often contain no oil since you make them by boiling beans and vegetables (other soups are made by sauteing vegetables - which does add oil). Split pea, black bean, lentil, and white bean are all excellent options.
2. Find a chinese take out restaurant that serves brown rice. Order steamed vegetables and brown rice. Keep gluten free tamari soy sauce and toasted sesame oil in your desk drawer. Sprinkle over top; this makes an absolutely healthy and delicious meal.
1. When having a work lunch at a restaurant - think "Salads and Sides". A salad and a side of fresh green vegetables makes an excellent and healthy lunch.
Diets Don't Work, But Eating Well Does! Lose weight and feel GREAT. Get on the program with me. Unlike most "diets" I create a plan to change your habits and cravings for healthy foods - so you lose the weight but also keep it off. And, I work with all my clients EVERYDAY until they reach their goals! My motivation and support makes all the difference. Contact me to find out more about the program
If you enjoyed this newsletter - consider sending to family and friends.
Certified Holistic Health Practitioner Specializing in Weight Loss, CHHP, AADP